- Any pedagogical method or way of teaching is understood as pedagogical. Thus, there are several activities that, when developed, contribute to learning in several areas.
- With children, such a method works best if it is based on playfulness . Through play, children learn many things about the world around them.
- In order to think about activities that aim at teaching and learning, I bring the celebrated phrase of the patron of education in Brazil, Paulo Freire , as a starting point:
- “To teach is not to transfer knowledge, but to create possibilities for its own production or its construction”.
- Based on this assumption, one must think of activities that enable children to produce, build and create. Let’s look at some ideas:
- This activity involves motor. A circuit is made with cushions, mattresses and stools, which the child must travel through. The degree of difficulty must correspond to the age and the child should be encouraged to find several ways to travel, for example with one foot alone or with hands up.
2. Colored cubes
- This activity is quite rich. Colors, numbers and geometric shapes are worked on, always respecting the age of the child. It consists of making cardboard cubes and then painting them or wrapping them with colored paper.
3. Box to fit straws
- This activity usually conquers children, as it works on color, quantity and motor coordination issues. It is a cardboard box wrapped with colored paper one color for each face of the box (you can use EVA to hood, helps to conserve for longer) and on each face are made several holes so that the child can fit The straws, in the end is just collect the straws that will be inside the box and start again.
4. Day of the professions
- Children love to imitate adults and this activity collaborates on issues of identity and identification. It is about providing children’s clothing and items specific to the various professions, clothing (from the same adults) can be toy objects such as microphones, tool boxes, kitchen utensils and work with children the different professions of family members.
5. Surprise Animal Box
- In a box are placed several animal figures. Tell the children that it is a magic box where many animals fit, make the animal noise and ask the children to guess and repeat, after opening the box and remove the corresponding figure, work the individual characteristics of each animal.
6. Human board game
- Make a piece of cardboard, but that is quite large almost the size of the child. And create on the floor a path divided into houses (like a board game) with various activities, for example: 2 + 2 =? And when the child stops at this house must respond correctly to continue playing the dice and advancing. This activity makes it possible to work on many concepts at the same time, as well as being super fun, since children are the pedestrians who are walking the board.
7. Rolls with numbers
- This activity uses those rolls of toilet paper. They must be painted by the children themselves and numbered from 1 to 10, for example, from there it is possible to work with children numerals, quantities, classification, order and logical reasoning.
- There are several pedagogical activities that can be carried out with children. However, still quoting Paulo Freire, we need to keep in mind that one can not speak of education without love. Any activity that is proposed and performed with love will provide learning for both the child and the adult.